has published a Advertisement for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch (sports) in Indian Navy for the course commencing Jan 2017 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala 2016. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, application fee and how to apply are given below.
Posts : SSC Officer (Sports) in Executive Branch
Posts : SSC Officer (Sports) in Executive Branch
Educational Qualification: . Education Qualification. Regular Post Graduate Degree or BE/B. Tech in any field from a recognized university. Candidates with diploma in Sports Coaching from National Institute of Sports and Msc in Sports (Coaching) will be given priority during short listing for SSB.
- All sports other then Yachting and Wind Surfing: A candidate should have participated in Senior Level National Championships/Games in following disciplines:
- Athletics / CrossCountry / Triathlon Tennis / Squash / football / Handball / Hockey / Basketball / Volleyball / Cricket / Diving / Water Polo / Kabaddi / Boxing.
- Yachting/Wind Surfing. A candidate must have at least one of the following qualifications:
- Should have participated in a Senior National Championship conducted by YAI and secured a minimum of 5th position in Olympic classes.
- Should have represented India at the Asian Games or ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships and secured a medal in Youth/Olympic Classes.
- Should have attained a position amongst the top 50% of the fleet in a class of boat/windsurf completed at the ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship
- Height & weight. Minimum height-157 cm, with correlated weight.
- Eye sight. The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Candidates should not be colour/ night blind.
- Tattoo. Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
- There will be no relaxation in the physical standard.
- For all sports except Yachting and Wind Surfing–22 to 27 years (born between 02 Jan 1990 and 01 Jan 1995).
- For Yachting and Wind Surfing-21-25 years (Born between 02 Jan 1992 and 01 Jan 1996).
- Selection (All sports other than Yachting and Wind Surfing): Shortlisted candidates will be called for (Preliminary) interview at New Delhi. No rail fare or allowance will be admissible to candidates attending the preliminary interview at New Delhi. Candidates qualifying the preliminary interview will be detailed for Service Selection Board (SSB) at Bhopal, Bangalore, Coimbatore or Vizag followed by a medical examination.
- Selection (for Yachting/Wind Surfing Only): Candidates found suitable will be required to undergo sailing selection trails by a board of officers at one of the Naval stations. Shortlisted candidates will be called for preliminary interview at New Delhi. No rail fare and allowances will be admissible to candidates attending sailing selection trials and preliminary interview. Candidates qualifying the sailing selection trials and preliminary interview will be detailed for Service Selection Board (SSB) at Bhopal, Bangalore, Coimbatore or Vizag followed by a medical examination.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Stage I test consisting of intelligence test. Picture perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidate will thereafter undergo Medical examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury of sustained as a result of tests.
- AC 3 tier rail fair is admissible for the SSB interview, If appearing for the first time for this commission.
How to Apply: Interested candidates can apply online through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) along with the following documents:- Self attested photograph, Self attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years to given below address. In case CGPA, candidate is required to attach certificate issued by the University for Conversion of CGPA in to percentage. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. A superscription is to be made on envelope: ONLINE APPLICATION NO. ________ APPLICATION for SSC (Sports) Jan 2017 COURSE Qualification______ Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No.
Send your application to given address: Post Box No. 04, R K Puram Main PO, New Delhi - 110 066.